Skip to main content

Guess What! It's another Breaking Dawn review!

*mystic voice* You are now entering a spoiler free zone. Violators will be deleted. *fade out*


Okay, so you could put "Breaking Dawn reviews" into a search engine and probably a billion results would pop up. So I guess this won't be a very original post, but I must share my heart about this book. So deal.

First off all, I have to tell you I've been spending my days feverishly reading this book, way into the later (some say squeaky) hours of the night. I have dreamed about this book, I would wake up thinking about this book. I got a sticker from the release party saying "I got Bitten my Breaking Dawn" I should say "I've been bitten by the Twilight Saga all summer." (I read Twilight for the first in April/May of this year, the rest will fall in line)
These books have always had a certain hold on me. Even when I didn't always agree with the characters.

I liked Breaking Dawn so much more then the other three combined. I finally found a reason to like Bella in this book, which goes to show you never lose faith in anybody. Even a character. I liked how it explored many layers of love, just like The Host. I think that's probably the most appealing part about it. And it was a lot more mature then the others. It wasn't high school drama anymore, it had the same feel as the last HP book, too me.

There was a lot of weird in this book, but just because I wasn't expecting it. But you know, vampires in love with a human is pretty freaky as well, so the other things really aren't out of place.

Overall, I came to appreciate Bella more. Yay! I liked Edward a lot more as well.

Thank you, Stephenie, for a Vampire Summer 2008! I'll probably never have a normal bedtime ever again.

Comments

  1. That mystic voice thing is funny (don't worry, I'll obey ;)

    Anyway, I haven't read the book yet, but I've read many, many spoilers, so I sort of get what's going on in BD. Everyone's opinions on BD are really interesting to read (including yours, most definitely). :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was interesting.

    I haven't read Breaking Dawn yet, and don't plan on it. The Twilight books just don't capture my interest. On release day I was just sort of like "whatever" and shrugged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i havent read it and i thank you for this spoiler free review. ive been edgy as ive heard some ominous opinions as i dodge the spoilers thrown in front of my gaze. thank you for allowing me to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog when looking for people who like to read fantasy. Would it be okay if I suggested one to try? You can preview "Outcasts Of Skagaray" by going to www.threeswans.com.au and reading the sample chapters. If you decide to read the whole book and enjoy it I would be delighted, and glad to hear what you think. Just thought I'd suggest it. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Library Memorial

^I made this sign. :) A year from today, my public library closed down because of lack of funds. So we had a rally/funeral/memorial service for our library today. A group of people and kids march down our downtown area and up to the courthouse front steps. Reporters from the local news, radio and paper were there. The newspaper that was doing the story could send out a photographer, so I got to be the "photographer" I took pictures and I read a poem I wrote about the library closing. So I might appear on the local news, which is weird and cool at the same time. And here's the poem I wrote: Destruction of a Library World of Words, Their time is ending. On the shelves they sigh a bitter sigh. Why should people cry? Only words on paper Behind brick walls Why do I sigh, This humble cry? Why do the words mean so much to me? How can people not feel what I feel? About an old building that smells like old paste That binds together beautiful words In the arms of ancient paper Old

Today = A Week

Well, it's the 7th of December. So I guess this would be an exact week since my last post. Nothing much to say, I'm working a little on one of my new ideas for a story. It's an interesting tale, but I'm not comfortable telling it just now, so you'll just have to wait. ;) I'm thinking about making gifts for Christmas. Don't know what I'm going to make though.

A new book

Today I bought The Host by Stephenie Meyer . Me and my mom bought it together, it was 25% off at Fred Meyer. I'll be reading it soon, and I'll tell how I like it.