Skip to main content

Travels Continued . . .

Needless to say we reached our destination. We got there at 10:00 p.m and visited until 1:00 a.m. We went to bed and woke up at 8 or 9:00 a.m Saturday. Me, my brother (Dash), and my guy cousin explored Salt Lake City, near Temple Square, all by ourselves. We took the Uta*Trax tram/trolley there from Sandy. . . First we walked around the Salt Lake Temple grounds. That place is so peaceful.
My cousin wanted to stay there forever. Then we decided to go see "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" in the Legacy theatre, inside the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I've seen in before, but was happy to see it again. It's a definite tear-jerker. My cousin said he cried all the way through it. Salt Lake City is getting big, it reminds me of Sacramento. We went to the ZCMI center, after the movie, for lunch.
We ate McDonald's because it was cheapest.
:D After that we went to the Beehive House for a tour. There were sister missionaries from Ukraine and England there. It was really fun hearing accents. :D *Cheesy grin* I love accents. There was an Aussie one in the North Visitor's Center of the the Temple, where the Christus is. That's the last place went to,before we went back to my uncle and aunt's house on the tram.
Not long after we got back, we had grandpa's party. It was fun, just about everyone was there on my dad's side of the family. Some of my married cousins were there, and I got to see there new babies. So cute. :) My cousin Heather, got my grandpa to do a dance. Not the waltz kind of dance, but the modern dance-by-yourself dancing. ;) My brother got it recorded on his small digital camcorder. It was funny. We took lots of pictures. A bunch of my grandpa's siblings were there.
At the end of the day the kids went to my cousin Ben's house and played video games. I played for awhile, but was tired so stop. And that was Saturday.
On Sunday, we went to church. Then went back to the house we were staying at and had a barbecue. And that was my vacation. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Library Memorial

^I made this sign. :) A year from today, my public library closed down because of lack of funds. So we had a rally/funeral/memorial service for our library today. A group of people and kids march down our downtown area and up to the courthouse front steps. Reporters from the local news, radio and paper were there. The newspaper that was doing the story could send out a photographer, so I got to be the "photographer" I took pictures and I read a poem I wrote about the library closing. So I might appear on the local news, which is weird and cool at the same time. And here's the poem I wrote: Destruction of a Library World of Words, Their time is ending. On the shelves they sigh a bitter sigh. Why should people cry? Only words on paper Behind brick walls Why do I sigh, This humble cry? Why do the words mean so much to me? How can people not feel what I feel? About an old building that smells like old paste That binds together beautiful words In the arms of ancient paper Old

Today = A Week

Well, it's the 7th of December. So I guess this would be an exact week since my last post. Nothing much to say, I'm working a little on one of my new ideas for a story. It's an interesting tale, but I'm not comfortable telling it just now, so you'll just have to wait. ;) I'm thinking about making gifts for Christmas. Don't know what I'm going to make though.

A new book

Today I bought The Host by Stephenie Meyer . Me and my mom bought it together, it was 25% off at Fred Meyer. I'll be reading it soon, and I'll tell how I like it.