Skip to main content

A Glimpse at Eclipse (Hee)

(Note: There is a lot of diversion in opinions on this series. Please be nice and positive in commenting.)

Eclipse - Twilight Saga - Book 3
Stephenie Meyer

The third book in the intriguing saga about a young girl's love with a vampire.

My whole Twilight experience has been on the warm side. I like them, but they aren't my favorite. I know some who would agree.

I can't talk about this book with mentioning some spoilers. So Twilight ignorant people, shoo. Now. You were warned.
(highlight to read the rest)

So New Moon left us where Bella had just saved Edward from the Volturi, then getting grounded for running off to Italy. Huh huh, that's sounds so funny.

Now, in Eclipse we follow Bella through her last few weeks before graduation and her determination to become immortal(aka a vampire). Meanwhile, Edward is trying to talk her out of that. I've never been partial to that idea. I think Bella should stay human. That's not saying that I want her to be with Jake instead, because I don't know which one I like better. Still.

They both have good and bad qualities. I will, on a sudden whim, talk about each of them from my point of view.

Edward - the super-man vampire. He is really much nicer in Eclipse. In Twilight, he was annoying with his mood swings happening all the time. In this book, his control is much perfected. Which makes me realize that is what good character development should show. He was also very, and almost too kind towards Jacob, his rival as it were. Overall, he's the tall hat gentlemen in the story.

Jacob - the boyish werewolf. He also had better control of himself in this book. In New Moon, I didn't like how angry he was all the time. Kind had a Harry Potter moment there. ;) But now he's almost as nice as Edward, in his own way. He's kind of the charismatic poor boy, boy next door guy.

So, I thought the love in this book was fairly realistic (as realistic as you can get with vampires and werewolves that is. ;) ) Stephenie didn't trying to make it easy for Bella to choose. There wasn't any revealing of their "true character". They were both really nice guys and Bella liked both of them. Showing that love isn't a one time only deal. You can choose who you love, and it's not always going to make everyone happy at once. But maybe someday. I think I'm rambling.


Anyways, I'm also glad that this book wrapped up on a plot line. The finale of Victoria and her persistent revenge. It would nice to have Bella get a new enemy or just a new adventure in general.

Something else I didn't get was about Bella and her "love" stuff. First, she tries to get Edward to, er, you know and then he does want to and then . . . she didn't want to. Now I don't mind that she didn't want to, I think she was being very dumb on that point. But what made her change her mind? Random. Anyways, my brain is out of info, so I'll stop for now. There's other things I was thinking about, but I'll spare you, I guess.

Overall, I think this might have been the better novel in the series.

Comments

  1. Eclipse is my favorite of the three.

    Bella decides she's going to do things "properly", that's why she changes her mind. It is kind of sudden, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and I agree with the whole properly thing. But it was just so quick of her to change her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eclipse is my LEAST favorite. I'm still going to read the next one, but that's only because I want to see what Alice and Jasper do next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you looking forward to the next installment?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm interested to see what Bella will do now. Will she continue to want to be a vampire, or if something will change her mind. Me and my mom think she might not be as committed to the idea as she seems.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Library Memorial

^I made this sign. :) A year from today, my public library closed down because of lack of funds. So we had a rally/funeral/memorial service for our library today. A group of people and kids march down our downtown area and up to the courthouse front steps. Reporters from the local news, radio and paper were there. The newspaper that was doing the story could send out a photographer, so I got to be the "photographer" I took pictures and I read a poem I wrote about the library closing. So I might appear on the local news, which is weird and cool at the same time. And here's the poem I wrote: Destruction of a Library World of Words, Their time is ending. On the shelves they sigh a bitter sigh. Why should people cry? Only words on paper Behind brick walls Why do I sigh, This humble cry? Why do the words mean so much to me? How can people not feel what I feel? About an old building that smells like old paste That binds together beautiful words In the arms of ancient paper Old

Today = A Week

Well, it's the 7th of December. So I guess this would be an exact week since my last post. Nothing much to say, I'm working a little on one of my new ideas for a story. It's an interesting tale, but I'm not comfortable telling it just now, so you'll just have to wait. ;) I'm thinking about making gifts for Christmas. Don't know what I'm going to make though.