Skip to main content

Quarantine 2020, March 24 / Day 12 of Quarantine / Life in Isolation

Here I account my tale of woe . . .


Just kidding, all is well at my house.  Being that my seasonal job is off during winter, the quarantine life has been my daily for four and a half months previous to the Sick.  (Note: I will refer to Corona/Covid as the Sick for my own pleasure) 

I consider Fri. March 13th the official beginning of our family's quarantine journey.  That day, or perhaps the Thursday before, my mother and I went to the store to get the essentials we didn't have.  We have a good amount of food storage to live on, but we still wanted a few fresh things while we could get them.

We were given a blessing of help in being able to afford our groceries with the help of a friend who is more financially stable.  In that way, God has helped us, this is only one example. 

I've been trying to pass along hope when I can on social media, keep the positive news circulating while letting the negative get buried.  I made a list of entertainment to share with people as well.

Master List of Entertainment

As April approaches, I worry that I might not start working again on April 1st.  I was offered to work at Morrison's as a trainer, as well as a laundry attendant.  The position implements many ideas I had expressed during the last summer, and it excited me.  It would also allow me to get more hours, and more paid.  Now with this illness, I don't even know if we will still be setting up the lodge in April.

All is not lost, I still have faith.  I have been learning about running a business through the church's self-reliance class.  The Sick has made it so our class now meets through Google Hangout, of which we have had only one meeting since the Sick.  I get very anxious about all the running a business involves, and I'm not 100% sure still if that is my path.  I'm also not sure if all the things I'm supposed to do really apply to my photography business.  I don't plan on being more than just myself, and I think I could find my own approach that works just as well.

Anyways, thoughts are my thoughts for now.

I've seen suggestions that we journal during our quarantine, to have something to add to the history books later on.  I'll try my best to return here to keep track of this time of my life.

Last week, the first full week of isolation, I had planned to do several different things.  However, I did get appears the cold.  It's possible it could have been the sick, but there isn't a way for me to know at his point.  I also don't fancy the idea of having a giant Q-tip being stuck up my nose, so it may remain a mystery for all time.  At any rate, I survived.  I'm still a little congested but feel my old self again.  So this week I'm going to get back to doing things.

I cleaned up my room and vacuumed.  I bought my own vacuum with my tax return, and now that we are in lockdown at least we can still keep floors cleaner. 


Comments

  1. I'm glad you are getting help when you need it. Tough to not know about your job starting up again on time :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Library Memorial

^I made this sign. :) A year from today, my public library closed down because of lack of funds. So we had a rally/funeral/memorial service for our library today. A group of people and kids march down our downtown area and up to the courthouse front steps. Reporters from the local news, radio and paper were there. The newspaper that was doing the story could send out a photographer, so I got to be the "photographer" I took pictures and I read a poem I wrote about the library closing. So I might appear on the local news, which is weird and cool at the same time. And here's the poem I wrote: Destruction of a Library World of Words, Their time is ending. On the shelves they sigh a bitter sigh. Why should people cry? Only words on paper Behind brick walls Why do I sigh, This humble cry? Why do the words mean so much to me? How can people not feel what I feel? About an old building that smells like old paste That binds together beautiful words In the arms of ancient paper Old

Today = A Week

Well, it's the 7th of December. So I guess this would be an exact week since my last post. Nothing much to say, I'm working a little on one of my new ideas for a story. It's an interesting tale, but I'm not comfortable telling it just now, so you'll just have to wait. ;) I'm thinking about making gifts for Christmas. Don't know what I'm going to make though.

A new book

Today I bought The Host by Stephenie Meyer . Me and my mom bought it together, it was 25% off at Fred Meyer. I'll be reading it soon, and I'll tell how I like it.